The United States will defend the executive order that expelled TikTok

The United States Department of Commerce said last Sunday that it will vigorously defend the executive order that seeks to restrict any transaction made with the Chinese short video app TikTok, he said. Reuters . This position was given as a result of the ruling of the judge Wendy Beetlestone who blocked it.

On Friday, the aforementioned judge obstructed the commerce department's executive order that was scheduled to take effect on November 12. Such an executive order would potentially have prohibited the ByteDance app from operating effectively in the United States. As is known, the Trump administration declared war against the Chinese application for the sake of national security, following the collection of data from 100 million Americans.

The judge in question maintained that the description made by the government about national security regarding TikTok was raised in a hypothetical way, which would be reason enough to block the executive order. Beetlestone's decision, brought about by a lawsuit from content creators on TikTok, also blocks a ban on downloads from both Apple and Google app stores.

- Advertising Notice-
Elijah Casanova
Last year law student at the Universidad del Pacífico. With an interest in technology, business and law. New technologies are our letter to the future.

Similar

1,954Happy fans
514FollowersFollow
91FollowersFollow

Subscribe

*All fields are required
es Spanish
X